Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Trader Joe's


I ventured to Trader Joe's this week and made it into the store during a downpour with both kids along to buy these: Trader Joe's Cinnamon Schoolbook Cookies.

Why? Well, I wondered the same thing while walking in the rain and after seeing the craziness inside.

I overheard a mother offer her kids a sucker just to be good (I guess she hasn't read any Karen le Billon lately). The same mother threatened her kids with a spanking for their behavior. Out loud. In a crowded store. It was enough to make me kiss my kids on the head and be beyond thankful that they were mine. I mean, is spanking even a thing anymore? Apparently at a crowded Trader Joe's it is.

Anyway, we were in search of the alphabet cookies above. And we got them. Now the kids can practice their letters and numbers during snack. Or when they get a treat. Oh, and I got some pumpkin bread mix for our Parenting in Pdx meeting. Grown-ups deserve treats too.

Tell me more: What's your favorite thing to buy at Trader Joe's?


No comments:

Post a Comment