Thursday, September 20, 2012

White board and chore chart


I purchased this Melissa and Doug Responsibility Board about a year ago but have had difficulty finding just the right way to use it. I recently saw it slightly re-purposed* and knew I had to try it too!

As I've mentioned, I'm a former teacher. I loved my white board. I had it filled out with the parts of each lesson for each class each day. It was a helpful way to keep me and the students organized.

Fast-forward to today. With both kids in school and in activities, I found myself losing track of what we were doing when. I also needed help in the 'chore' department.

The top part of the board is being used as intended. I put up several chores that the kids earn magnet 'buttons' for completing. The bottom part is what is saving my sanity. I sectioned it just like when I was teaching, and fill it out each night for the following day. I have a section for the day and date, the plan for dinner, and a section for each of my kids' activities. I keep it right where I can see it from the kitchen. An organized schedule: achieved!

*Thanks to my friend Tracy Muilenburg for the inspiration.

Tell me more: What tricks do you have to keep your family schedule in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment